General YOUMedia Guidelines:
- Respect yourself, others, mentors,
equipment, and the YOUmedia space.
- Proper attire – including shoes and
shirt – is required in YOUmedia.
- Eating and drinking are permitted
only in the green flooring area
north of the entrance doors.
- Please keep personal items with you
at all times or make use of lockers to store items safely.
- Please do not bring in more
than two bags or any bag exceeding 36
by 18 by 12 inches.
- Sleeping is not permitted in
- Texting on cell phones is permitted;
talking on cell phones is not.
- Step out of the YOUmedia space to
make or take calls.
- Software may not be loaded onto
Chicago Public Library computers.
- Please pick up after yourself.
- Library materials must be checked
out before leaving YOUmedia.
- You are responsible for materials
checked out on your library card.
- Disrespect yourself, others,
mentors, equipment, or the space and
you lose the opportunity to be
- You will be required to pay for any
lost and/or damaged
materials or equipment before being
able to use the YOUmedia space or
- Adults may only use the YOUmedia
area to check out books.
- Notices and leaflets must be
approved by YOUmedia staff before
- Viewing child pornography is illegal
and subject to federal and state